SAP Solution Architect
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills required to operate as a leading member of global distributed technical teams that deliver quality services
- Excellent technical architecture skills, enabling the creation of future proof highly complex scalable global solutions
- Strong knowledge and experience in IT methodologies and life cycles that will be used
- Very familiar with ERP implementation/management, service/operations management, ITIL, etc
- Willing to champion customer service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on service offerings and products provided by customer at global scale.
Location: London or Pan Europe
The Solution Architect is responsible for delivering application platform architectures to the key global business initiatives surrounding the implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution using SAP. In this role, the ideal candidate will be responsible for leading and coordinating projects from an overall solutions architecture perspective, ensuring that application platform and infrastructure related development activities are consistent with industry best practices. The Solution Architect will work with all teams within the program, including any appointed 3rd party System Integrators, hosting and operational support providers.
The Solution Architect will be expected to work on multiple tasks and initiatives concurrently and to be able to deliver effectively.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Architect highly complex systems to meet functional and non-functional infrastructure requirements.
- Understand and champion the solution at all levels (Infrastructure, Application, Integration, Information and Business Architecture)
- Works with the program Strategy & Architecture lead to determine the impact of roadmaps on the Solution Architectures
- Create / review and provide guidance for creating detailed architecture design packages.
- Review and approve complex engineering design packages within and relating to the ERP program
- Ensure proper oversight for quality assurance of new engineering artifacts.
- Guidance of engineering staff throughout construction phase of complex projects.
- Evangelize re-use through implementation of shared architecture and IT assets.
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Proactively provide feedback regarding architecture and engineering sets, information security, and standards and leading practices.
- Minimize technical exposure and risk on projects.
- Work closely with:
o Strategy & Architecture lead to define and apply enterprise level standards in solution architecture.
o 3rd parties, especially designated System Integrators, Hosting Providers and Application Management Support (AMS) organizations, to ensure consistent handshakes and understanding of the end-to-end solution architecture.
o Data, Service, Integration & Infrastructure Architects, Engineering Leads, Technical Leads and staff to understand strategic goals/objectives and translate into actionable plans.
o Infrastructure architects & engineering to understand, validate and action infrastructure impacts on solution architecture.
o Project Management to coordinate solutions from technical perspective and minimize technical risk.
o Quality Assurance to effectively support proper testing.
o Security to ensure Architecture and IT adherence to secure standards, guideline and negotiate security trade-offs.
o Operations to take into account operational (non-functional) requirements, including Environments management, release management to understand overall impact on the end-to-end solution architecture.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Proactively identifies and addresses application, platform and Infrastructure strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Applies judgment in implementing solution architecture, engineering methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyse and operate at different levels of abstraction
- Works with project management teams, engineer leads, team leads, program architect, business & application architects and/or engineering leads to resolve issues which arise within project; drives project’s progress and critical success factors, as well as any designated 3rd party resources (e.g. SI, Hosting, AMS).
- Direction setting and articulating, consensus building, conflict mediation, diplomacy, etc.
- Exercises influence at many levels of the organization up to the program and Global leader - EA Level.
- Overtime and vacation scheduling are dependent upon team priorities and may change during the course of a year.
- Position may be eligible for alternative work locations dependent upon team dynamics.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal.
- Position requires accurate and timely tracking of time spent working on projects